Vol 5 . . . No 4 . . . December, 1995
TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM ASSESSMENT RESOURCES
- Columbia's Reform Readings
- A collection of articles in LiveText covering dozens of essential topics regarding educational change and restructuring.
- Developing Educational Standards
- An excellent annotated list of those sites which have educational standards documents prepared by various states and professional organizations.
- Educational Technology Taxonomy
- "Educational Technology: Tools for Inquiry, Communication, Construction,and Expression" - This paper presents a taxonomy of educational technology applications organized in terms of the ways they support integrated, inquiry-based learning.
- IS World Net Teaching & Learning
- Evaluation and Measurement Page - Higher Ed resources to assess growth in technology-related skills.
- Kossor Education Newsletter Talking to legislators about OBE
- Attacks OBE
- Making the Connection - Abstract
- Federal study of why few classroom teachers have made substantial use of new technologies.
- Making the Connection - Summary of Findings
- Summary of the Office of Technology Assessment findings.
- New Times Demand New Ways of Learning
- This section of a report from NCREL details the indicators that educators and policymakers can use to measure the effectiveness of technology in learning.
- NCREL's technology-planning resource page
- Technology and School Reform
- A wonderfully annotated list of resources provided to you by the folks at Armadillo, one of the great educational lists on the WWW.
- What Does Research Say About Assessment?
- More great information about assessment from NCREL.
The Sad and Sorry State of Technology Program Assessment---Hypotheses for the Sad and Sorry State---Why Bother? What's the Pay-Off?---The Centrality of Clear Goals and Outcome Statements---Assessment for Navigation---Self-Assessment Instruments---Performance Assessment Instruments---When all is said and done---Resources
Return to December, 1995
Copyright Policy: Materials published in From Now On may be duplicated only in hard copy format for educational, non-profit school district use only. All other uses, transmissions and duplications are prohibited unless permission is granted expressly. Showing these pages remotely through frames is not permitted.
FNO is applying for formal copyright registration for articles.